Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cross Stitch adventure

I posted before that I was going to start cross stitching and I have FINALLY gotten around to it! I just started it tonight so I haven't gotten very far BUT I have pictures of the pattern and where I'm at so far(again, not very far lol).




 The pattern is called "Lady Of the Mist" and it is a Mirabilia pattern. I love the roses and the color on her.



This is how far I've gotten lol. Like I said, I know it's not far but hey.. at least I finally started. There are a few mistakes in it but it's the first real cross stitch I've done and I don't expect it to be perfect. I don't even think you can tell there are mistakes unless you are looking for them, so don't look for them please :).





 I thought it would be funny to put a picture of my "workspace". It is... a cluttered mess at the moment lol. To the right is a cookbook. I am trying to think of something to make for Valentines Day dinner(more on that in a bit). Then there is my patter, thread, and my cross stitch. Obviously the TV is there for noise and entertainment(I'm watching Criminal Minds, in case you were wondering), ANNNDD you can see that I have my blog up on my laptop and I am also talking to Meagan about my cross stitch and her sewing machine lol.



I like this picture of the thread i'm using, my mom's scissors and my needle. I thought it was groovy *shrugs*.

Okay, so now on to other things! Valentines day is Monday and I have decided I am going to surprise Ryan by making him something to eat. I'm debating between chicken marsala and beef burgundy. I also haven't decided where I'm going to make it. Since he rents a room in someone elses house he doesn't actually have a kitchen. They wouldn't mind if I used there's but I don't know if I want to do that. I COULD ask my wonderful Aunt Emily if I could use her kitchen since she lives right down the road. We shall see, and I'll let you know how it goes :D.



We have had the CRAZIEST winter Texas has seen like... ever. No... seriously.. it's a record breaking winter! It has snowed THREE TIMES! We had SIX INCHES last week! SIX INCHES!!! In Texas!!! And it snowed/iced again today! It's unheard of! I wish it would all go away.. I need spring to come! On the plus side, it's supposed to be almost in the 70's this weekend!



Ok, well I am off to cross stitch some more. I had to take a break because I was going cross eyed lol. Going to see Ryan tomorrow if the roads aren't too bad :D Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment