Saturday, March 1, 2014

Another Bountiful Basket!

I'm drowning in asparagus and zucchini over here! And baby bell peppers. Don't mistake this for me complaining though! I'm excited about this weeks Bountiful Basket!



So what did I get for the grand total of $32.50? Let's see!

The Loot:
11 oranges
3 grapefruit
1lb of strawberries
1-ish pint of mini bell peppers
6 bananas
3 heads of broccoli
1 cabbage
1 head of romaine lettuce
3 bunches of asparagus
1 pint of grape tomatoes
2 giant zuchinnis, and
1 jicama (it's ok I had to Google it too)
But wait there's more!
I also did an add on of 8 -1 lb containers of strawberries, which I'm splitting between several different people.
GIANT zuchinni!
The jicama is a bit "odd" and I wasn't totally sure what the heck I was going to do with it but I googled and it's basically a REALLY yummy and sweet "mexican yam". Apparently it's very good on salads. With the strawberries I will end up with 3lbs. I am keeping 2 from the add on plus the 1 lb that came in the basket!

So, how do you think I did?! I hope you enjoyed this Bountiful Southern Soapbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment