Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wonky and Woot-tastic Wednesday

Guess what day it is!!!! It's HUMP DAY! (said in the annoying voice from the commercial. Yup. I went there.) And you know what hump day means?! It's time for some Wonky and Woot-tastic!

Wonky
- Am I the only one that is TOTALLY over winter? I didn't think so. Texas needs to figure out what side of the fence it wants to be on because I'm tired of this freezing cold one day and sweating hot the next day. Pick a side, Texas. Preferably the warmer side.
- Why does the conditioner ALWAYS run out before the shampoo? Every time. I'm pretty sure I could use a measuring cup or something to measure it out and the conditioner would still run out faster! UGH!
- I rarely proof read posts on here. And by rarely I mean I may have reread one like once. Mostly, I just wait for my sister to text me and tell me there's a typo and come back to fix it. That's probably not a very good process when writing a blog but it's what I do.
- Looking back at the Fashion Friday: Mellow Yellow post, I had to laugh when I reread it. "Welcome to Texas, where summer never ends". HA! This winter has totally sucked dude! Seriously. We were iced in for FOUR DAYS! It has been miserably cold (at least for us). And I don't want to here all you northerners making fun of me for not being able to take the cold. Come July you'll be complaining about your 80 degree summer and we'll be down here with 100+ degrees!
- Alright... for those of you who watch Game Of Thrones (and if you're not caught up WARNING: SPOILER ALERT AHEAD!)......(seriously stop reading if you're not caught up MAJOR spoiler) O.M.G! The second to last episode in season 3. Ya. You know what I'm talking about if you've seen it. THAT episode. I had no idea it was coming! None! Not going to lie, I gasped and yelled "no!". It was awful! (and yes, I intentionally tried not to actually give anything away for those of you that just can't help yourself and kept reading. Go watch and you will learn!)


Woot-tastic
- I can't totally decide if this is wonky or woot but I'm all caught up on Game Of Thrones. It's kind of sad. I don't know what to do with my nights now.
- My Mammaw is here! She came in on Friday as a surprise for my aunt's birthday! Very exciting!
- The little boy I babysit cracks me up! He's a little over 1 year old. He's trying to walk and can if he's holding on to his walker. He also really enjoys playing with his little Batman toy and has very intense conversations with him. Saving Gotham is seriously work, after all.

- If you haven't already seen my post on Bountiful Baskets you should definitely check them out! Great produce for a great price!
- I went over at Maegan's house and played with AJ in the backyard. It was very interesting and you could definitely tell his father is a policeman. I was AJ's partner and he was walking running around the backyard yelling "We gotta find dem drugs!". I know at least one of their neighbors was outside and I'm sure is now wondering why a 3 year old little boy is looking for drugs in the yard. We did find several bricks, by the way.

- I am, almost, officially a photography business! I am going to the tax office, or where ever it is I'm supposed to go, to become "official" (get an assured name so other people can't use it and I can be legit which is required in the state of Texas). Is it odd that I'm a tad bit nervous about actually being a business? More so than I would be if I were just taking pictures of people. It's a good nervous though. Oh, my business name it Primrose & Ivy Photography! Obviously, the hedgies helped me name the business by donating their names. It's a tad bit long but I like it anyways. Originally I was going to just have the business named Julie Anne Photography but apparently my name is extremely popular. I will be doing some mini sessions soon to build my portfolio so stay tuned and feel free to email me at primroseandivytx@gamil.com if you want to model!
- Speaking of photography, I have my first "shoot" by myself tonight! My sister's friend is having a gender reveal party and wants me to take pictures! I'm very excited, and a tad bit nervous but it's going to be so much fun!

Well, that's about it for this Wonky and Woot-tastic Southern Soapbox! I hope you enjoyed it and sorry for the lack of pictures (ironic since I'm becoming a photographer, huh?)!

No comments:

Post a Comment