Sunday, July 5, 2015

Soon-to-be Sport Bike Wife

Ryan has wanted a bike for YEARS. Until recently we hadn't been in a place where he could actually get one BUT things change.

In a way I'm excited for him. He has wanted one for a long time and I know this is something that will make him very happy, which in turn makes me happy too. I'm looking forward to riding on the back of it (stop freaking out Mom). I've ridden on the back of our friends bike and it was a blast!

But.

There's this voice in the back of my head that keeps reminding me this is dangerous. Really dangerous. There will be a day that I will get a phone call "Hi. I'm on the side of I-35 and my bike is totaled. Can you come get me?" It might not be on 35, but that phone call is coming and that terrifies me. He has already wrecked once and I was there to witness him flipping over the handlebars. Not exactly something I want to relive.

It's happening though and I'm excited for him. And terrified. And excited. And terrified. Get the picture? He will be happy, at least until he wrecks.

No comments:

Post a Comment