Sunday, August 14, 2016

Jeremiah 29:11



"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord
Plans to prosper you and not harm you.
Plans to give you hope and a future"
                                                              - Jeremiah 29:11


I grew up in a house where I heard "God's timing is perfect", "God has a plan", "Everything comes together for His good". I know these things and believe them completely, and yet when it happens I'm still blown away.

Ryan and I were driving to meet a friend when I looked at him and told him we should try to have a baby. We hadn't even been married for a whole year yet. He looked at me like I was insane and somewhat reluctantly agreed. It took us 9 months but one morning I decided I should take a test. I had taken many since we started trying and they were all negative but I was going to go to a friends house and drink some wine that night so I thought I should just double check to make sure. And it was positive. Holy crap. What had we done?! We don't make much money, we live in a tiny apartment. WHERE AM I GOING TO PUT THIS BABY (we still don't really have an answer for that last question)?! But God had a plan. He intentionally made us wait to get pregnant for 9 months, because that was part of His plan. Again, I knew that but seriously God... what's the plan?

A little back story in my career (stay with me, there's a point and I will get to it, I promise). I have been with Rent-A-Center for almost 2 years. In that 2 years I had numerous opportunities and interviews for leadership positions in the call center I worked for. I would interview, they said I was awesome, but I didn't get the job. I was very frustrated and pretty defeated. But again, God had a plan. Turns out those positions I had applied for would have required me to work longer hours, the schedule would not have been very flexible and I would have had to work weekends. Not at all ideal for raising a family the way I wanted to raise my family. Then, a position opened up for a different department. A position I had been waiting for since shortly after I started at RAC. The hours were flexible, the team was awesome and there was a pretty significant pay raise. I applied for the position and had my interview which went really well. I waited and waited and waited. While I was waiting Ryan got a promotion and a raise. I continued to wait to hear about my promotion. I waited for 4 weeks. I REALLY wanted this position. And I start tomorrow. God had a plan. That plan included BOTH of us getting promotions and raises within weeks of each other!

I knew He had a plan. I knew He didn't just give me a baby and say "K. Good luck with that.". I knew He would provide but as many of you know, patience is a virtue but it is not one that I process. All of this to say, I start my new position tomorrow and am extremely grateful that my God loves me and provides for me and my family. I am very fortunate for all the things He has provided for me and cannot wait to see as He continues to reveal his plan to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment