Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Six Years Ago...

... Ryan asked me if we should "make this official", sitting in his beat up old Dodge Stratus at Bill Allen Park. I had known since I was 10 years old that I wanted to marry him. Six years later and I still feel the same.
Our 1 year Anniversary kiss. You can't see it but he was
tickling me in the picture and trying to eat my face.

I am so very blessed that God gave me such an amazing man. It's true, we are two extremely different people that have very little in common but he makes me laugh, even when he's irritating the snot out of me. Despite what he wants people to think he can be really sweet and thoughtful. He's honest (even when especially when you don't want him to be). He is surprisingly good with children. He's pretty handy (although most of his handy work is either accomplished by him guessing and hoping it works or by googling it, but hey, it gets the job done), but most of all when he loves, he loves wholeheartedly.
Taken in November of 2009

We much rather sit at home and watch The Big Bang Theory than go out on a fancy date. One of the most exciting things he's gotten me was when he went to pick up pizza and came back with pizza, Dr Pepper, AND TOILET PAPER. It was pretty awesome. Our "deep conversations" usually consist of us discussing the meaning of a word and how to use it properly (which he is pretty much always wrong because he makes things up just to annoy me).
Taken on our 5 year anniversary
 We have spent many years together. We've been dating for six years and have known each other for eleven. and I look forward to many many more years to come!
Taken on Mother's Day 2013
If you want to read our love story click here.

Well, that's my Southern Soapbox. Thank you to my wonderful boyfriend for sticking around for 6 years and I can't wait to see what happens in the next 6! I love you.

(Wonky and Woot-tastic Wednesday will be posted tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment