Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's a Love Story {Thanks Taylor Swift}











Once upon a time…
            there was a girl, and she fell in love with a boy. This is their story.
            I was ten years old when my parents decided that we should change churches. I was in fifth grade when we began attending Trinity Presbyterian Church in Plano, Texas. I was in fifth grade when I met the love of my life.
            After Sunday school I walked into the sanctuary to sit with my parents. I scanned the room, trying to find them in the crowd. I didn’t see my parents, but I did see a boy. He was sitting in the very back row by himself. I knew he was older than me, almost in high school at the very least. I walked over to his seat, curious as to why he wasn’t sitting with the rest of the youth group, but a girl beat me to him. She was short, with red hair and she made him smile. I walked away to sit with my parents. Every Sunday I looked forward to going to church. I knew he would be sitting in the very back row, all by himself. I hadn’t gotten up the nerve to talk to him yet but I didn’t sneak a few glances during the church service. He was tall and skinny. He had reddish brown hair that begged me to run my fingers through it. He was awkward but there was something about him that drew me into him. I don’t remember how long it took, but I finally worked up the nerve to talk to him. I found out his name was Ryan and he was 14. I also found out that he wasn’t much of a talker. That’s okay. I talk enough for the both of us.
            We developed this… odd relationship. I wanted to marry him and he only vaguely tolerated me. I would sit next to him during church as often as my parents would allow and he would bring me Starbucks. Time passed and it became very obvious that he didn’t want to marry me. He found me mildly entertaining though. Still to this day I don’t know why I was so infatuated with him. He was border line mean to me and was obviously not interested. Thankfully, our story doesn’t end there.
            Fast forward about three years. I’m 13 now and Ryan is 16. The youth group at our church was hosting a lock in. Ryan was going, which meant I was too. We were in the “movie room” watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail when it happened. He leaned over and kissed me. Needless to say, Monty Python was my favorite movie for a long time. But we didn’t start dating. I went on to high school and dated other guys, but I never forgot about Ryan.
            Now, fast forward to the summer after my freshman year. I was on my computer when I see someone sign in to MSN. Guess who? Ryan. Then he messaged me “hey chick ;)”. We talked for a while. Then, the moment I had waited for since I was ten years old. “Do you want to hang out?” Our first date was… odd. Ryan and his best friend, Chris, picked me up and we went to the airport. We were picking up Chris’ date. We all went to Main Event.
            We went on several dates after that and on June 4th, 2007 we were sitting at the park laughing at how horrible my sun burn was when he kissed me and said “So, should we make this official?” I had to think about it. Everything was happening so fast :P.
            We celebrated our five year anniversary this past June. I can’t wait to keep writing our story…
                        …And Live Happily Ever After

3 comments:

  1. hey chick ;)

    bahaha thats cute though. I like that you remember the first time that he messaged you. I should post on my blog... since I haven't in months.. UGH

    Love you! and ryans awkwardness haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow... i'm just now seeing this. that's so sad.
      I don't know why I remember that message lol. He called everyone chick and he always used the "winky face" lol. you need to go post on your blog!!!!

      love you too!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I love your story its awsome and its soo cute :)

    ReplyDelete