Sunday, October 9, 2011

Communication and Technology

I was sitting at a little restaurant eating breakfast with Ryan and his best friend Juan. The guys were talking about something I have absolutely zero knowledge about, which is fine. They're guys. What bugged me was when I started talking about something they BOTH got on their phones. They claimed they were listening. Well Ryan was honest, as he always is, and said I was "half listening because I don't really care". Can I just say RUDE! Even if they were both "listening" it is still rude to be on your phone when someone is talking to you. I don't mind if they get a text and they read it really fast and maybe even answer but Ryan was playing a game and I have no idea what Juan was doing but they were both completely consumed with their phones pretty much the entire time I was talking.

Sometimes I wonder if Ryan would actually talk to me if he didn't have a cell phone, computer or TV. We don't have a lot in common and he is not the talkative type but I find myself very frustrated with the silence. I will make an attempt to start a conversation and he usually replies with "Okay" and that's it. Is it normal for us to have this little of communication? Is it a bad sign? We've been together for 4 years and I don't remember if we ever really talked. Apparently it doesn't bother us that much since we've endured it for 4 years. But I don't want to endure a relationship, or a part of the relationship.

Well, that's my Southern Soapbox of the day.

BTW, I will probably do another post later today. I went shopping and took some pics of the things I got! :D

Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment