Saturday, April 20, 2013

This week is FINALLY over!

I try to avoid cussing on here, as I know my family reads this (and are probably the only ones that do but anywho) and I want to be sensitive to those that don't appreciate that language BUT, with that said, It's been one hell of a week y'all!

Monday, of course, was the Boston Marathon bombing. That was completely tragic! Three people died and over a hundred people were injured. I was out planting my garden when I happened to look at something on Instagram. Someone had posted a picture that said "Pray For Boston". I got on Twitter, because that's a reliable source for news ya know, to figure out why we were supposed to be praying for Boston. Nothing was entirely clear but it was obvious something major happened. I came inside to tell Mom to turn on the news and when she did.... it was shocking to say the least.

Tuesday Obama's gun thingy fell through. Bummer (note sarcasm).

Wednesday was the devastating explosion in West, Texas. Pete Delkus was getting asked by people in Arlington if there was an earthquake. After looking into he later reported that the "earth shake" was from an explosion in west Texas, which I later learned was West, Texas.

Thursday night there was a shooting at MIT, which then turned out to be the two suspects involved in the bombing. The police ended up killing one of the suspects and apprehended the second on Friday!

CRAZY week!

I'll leave you with a verse from a rather fitting song. I have always loved this song. I loved it when I was younger because I got to say "ass" and it was ok but it's SO true! It's from Toby Keith's Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue.

Ohhh Justice will be served 
And the battle will rage 
This big dog will fight 
When you rattle his cage 
And you'll be sorry that you messed with 
The U.S. of A. 
'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass 
It's the American way

Well, that's my Southern Soapbox recap of the week! Here's to hoping we have a GREAT weekend! We need it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment