Monday, July 16, 2012

Maizy Music

Happy Monday (as if there's such a thing)! I only have one song this week but it has been stuck in my head for over a week now!

Like I said last week, I've been listening to a lot of country music lately. Almost every country music song reminds me of home in Mississippi but Rodney Atkins' song "Take A Back Road" really makes me miss home. This song was written by Rhett Akins and Luke Laird and sung by country music singer Rodney Atkins. It was released in April of 2011. In 2011 it reached number one on the US Country Songs Billboard.

The song is about a guy that is stuck in traffic and starts day dreaming about driving down a back road. This song speaks to my country soul and makes me want to take a back road. I usually catch myself speeding a little bit when this song comes on. There's just something about driving in south Mississippi (where every road is a back road). There are no traffic jams, there aren't red lights every 5 feet and people wave when you drive past them. I also think that, for me, this song speaks to how busy people are in the city. We always have some where to go and not enough time to get there. Everyone is pushing their way through the herd of cars crammed on the highway moving at 5mph (or not moving at all). In south Mississippi the mentality is VERY different. You'll get there when you get there, there's no need to cut someone off. Just relax turn on some George Strait and enjoy the ride.

Take A Back Road by Rodney Atkins

Well that's my Southern Soapbox! I hope you enjoyed the song and it spoke to your inner country soul like it does mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment