Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Green Smoothie Recipe

I have tried and tried to like the green smoothie recipes that I've found online but they were either too peanut butter-y, too banana-y or too spinach-y but I've finally got it! Here's the recipe I used!

Ingredients:

1 sliced, frozen banana
1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter (it was probably more like a tablespoon and a half)
1 cup of milk
1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon (optional)
2 cups of spinach
**You can also add some flax seed :)

Make sure you slice your banana BEFORE you freeze it! Sounds obvious I know, and I did know to do this, but for some reason I stuck the whole banana in there anyways. I know the whole drinking spinach thing totally grossed me out too but my sister told me that it could be done so now I am telling you: Try it!!!! If you don't like the amounts I put in, play with it a little. Like I said, I didn't like any of the recipes I found so I made my own!

Well, that's my Southern Soapbox! Let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment