Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wonky and Woot-tastic

It's hump day!

Wonky:
   - My bed gets small FAST. Sleeping with 2, sometimes 3, dogs, and a cat gets really crowded really fast.
   - I absolutely love my hedgehog and she really is very sweet, but the other day she was VERY cranky! She bit me twice in less than 30 minutes! And she bit me HARD! She chomped down once while I was giving her a bath, which wasn't too terrible, but then a little later I had her under my shirt to keep her warm after her bath and she latched on to my stomach. Literally, latched. I looked down my shirt and she was holding on! I guess she was not happy with bath time.
   - I just took an embarrassingly long nap and am still REALLY tired. I think I'm getting sick.
   - A guy in my English class started yelling and cussing at me in front of the entire class. We were peer editing each others papers and had to fill out a rubric, well he didn't do his so I asked the professor what she wanted me to do with my rubric. Apparently he didn't like that I told her that he didn't do it. Tough luck buddy, try doing your homework next time.
   - Ryan is in Pennsylvania. He only left this past Friday but I haven't seen him in over a week. I miss him, although there is a perk to him being out of town....

Woot-tastic:
   - Since Ryan is out of town, me being the loving girlfriend that I am, I offered to drive his car for him. I know. I'm so sweet and selfless. We all have to make sacrifices for those we love, my sacrifice just happens to be driving his 2012 Honda Civic Si. Life's rough.
   - I LOVE the Food Network! Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives and Bar Rescue are probably two of my favorite shows right now.
   - The people at our church are AWESOME! They have been bringing us meals since mom's surgery and they're all really good! There's always a fear when someone else cooks for your family, especially if they don't know you really well. Like a fear that you're going to get some sort of tuna, spam, arugula and kale salad. Thankfully we have had no tuna, spam, or kale and everything everyone has made has been TO DIE for! AND we didn't have to make it! Mom should have surgery more often. Thank you so very much TPC ladies!
   - So, I'm not sure if this is wonky, or woot-tastic. You can decide but I'll put it under woot-tastic simply because I'm very proud of myself. My friend, Meagan (not to be confused with my sister, Maegan), had her birthday dinner at a restaurant called Tei Tei Robata Bar. After I accepted the invitation I decided it might be wise to look at the menu online before I head over there. When I saw it, I'm pretty sure I turned 5 different shades of green. It's sushi. I don't do fish, or sushi. At all. I looked for some nonfish item but all I found was a $40 steak. So, I went and decided that if nothing else I could eat some steamed rice and then drive through Taco Bell afterwards. We got there and Meagan's mother and I looked over the menu together. She was also a little nervous about the sushi thing. We were both resigned to get quail or lamb chops, since we at least knew what that was. The waitress comes by and explains to us that it's a family style dinner, so everyone shares. Well, that's cool. Now we can get our quail and lamb BUT if we feel brave we can still try other stuff! Needless to say, by the end of the night I had tried: quail (which tastes like chicken), lamb chops (yum), octopus (it wasn't bad), a sushimi thingy that was flounder wrapped in sea urchin (eh.. not so much), squid (ew), and my personal favorite.... cornflake crusted shrimp (YUM!). Oh, and for dessert I had green tea ice cream.
   - Since this weeks Wonky and Woot-tastic is rather boring, here's a picture of Prim after she had bitten me the first time but before the second time. She had just finished her bath and I was about to clip her nails.

Alright, that's it for this weeks Southern Soapbox. Sorry it was kind of lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment