Thursday, February 20, 2014

Did you know...?

I was over stalking my friend's blog and decided to steal this idea from her. Here are a few things you may, or may not, know about me.

  • My mom and I share a birthday. I came a month early to come on her birthday. You're welcome, Mom.
  • Most people assume I was either born in Mississippi or Texas (most guess Mississippi). I was born in Alabama. I moved to Texas when I was three. Although I have never lived there, I consider Mississippi my home. Even I sometimes forget I wasn't born in Mississippi and Ryan forgets all the time, so don't feel bad if you didn't know!
  • I can list every single member of the Backstreet Boys and can probably sing most or their songs. Same with The Dixie Chicks.
  • Dr. Pepper is the best drink ever. Better than wine or beer.
  • Speaking of beer... ew. I don't like it.
  • I started riding horses when I was 5 years old. Every summer, spring, winter, fall break (and pretty much any other chance we got) my family would go to Mississippi to see the rest of the crazy clan. They had horses there and my cousins and I learned to ride together! It is still my happy place, even though I rarely get to ride.
  • While I'm not super "in your face" about it I am very firm in my beliefs as a Christian and have grown up in the Presbyterian church.
  • When it comes to football I follow some seemingly random teams. I follow the Giants, the Saints, and the Broncos. Can anyone guess what these teams have in common? Eli Manning, and Payton Manning are both from Mississippi. As for the Saints... they are the closest NFL team to Mississippi so my entire family follows them. If I didn't I would be banished.
  • I do not like the Cowgirls.. I mean boys...
  • I took dance for a very short period of time when I was younger. I was in hip hop when I was 8 or so years old. My pants ripped during my first recital.
  • I played the cello. I started when I was very young, like 5, then picked it back up in middle school. Unfortunately when I changed schools I was the only one that signed up to play in the orchestra (everyone else chose band) and refused to switch over.
  • For one semester in 8th grade I went to a private Christian school. It was AWFUL.
  • I can be a bit OCD at times. I get on cleaning sprees and go a little nuts.
  • I can check my own oil and fluids in my car, patch a flat tire, and change a flat tire. I also kind of enjoy working on cars, although I don't do it very often.
  • I am a little obsessed with  shows on The CW. The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, and Arrow, to be exact.
  • I have seen The Lion King once and will never watch it again because Mufasa (that's his name, right?) dies. I also won't watch I Am Legend because they kill the dog. Basically if an animal dies in it, I won't watch it, although I have been watching Game Of Thrones... and I have somehow been able to make it though that.
  • I am somewhat shy. If you know me you might think I'm lying but it's true. I don't like meeting new people. It makes me incredibly nervous! Once I know you I'll never shut up (yes, that part most of you know) but initially I'm quite shy.
Alright, that's enough of that. Hopefully you learned something knew about me. If so let me know what it was in a comment below! Also...it's almost Friday people! I'm going to the zoo tomorrow! Thanks for reading this Southern Soapbox! 

No comments:

Post a Comment