Monday, February 24, 2014

Menu Monday: February 23rd-March 2nd, 2014


It's menu time! After getting my bountiful basket Saturday I had to come up with a menu that would incorporate, at least, some of those ingredients I got!

This menu is only for a week. I usually make menus for two weeks but I am hoping to get another basket this coming Saturday so I'll probably do another menu when I get the next basket. Also, please remember that I don't necessarily assign a particular meal for each day.

Menu Monday
Lemon Chicken
     asparagus
     homemade french bread

Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

Roast
     potatoes
     carrots

French Dip
     chips

Meatloaf
     salad

Lemon Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken and Spinach
     broccoli

Mac and Cheese
     broccoli
     corned beef

Chicken fajitas

Spaghetti
     french bread
     salad


I have made all of these recipes, except the lemon chicken recipe. It is similar to one I recently tried though, just written a bit more clearly. The homemade french bread is really not that hard, although if you decide to make it, I suggest not using flour to keep it from sticking to your hands. A friend of mine told me to use oil instead, otherwise your bread will taste a bit "floury" (thanks Miss. Sarah for the tip!). The meatloaf recipe I posted is one of two meatloaf recipes that I like. The last time I made meatloaf I made extra and froze it so this will be one meal I won't actually have to make! Hopefully I will get some of my own recipes up here soon!

Happy eating and thank you for dropping by this Southern Soapbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment