Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve!

'Twas the day before Christmas and all through the house, everyone was frantically running EVERYWHERE! 

... Not how the story goes? Well it does around here! Christmas Eve we are usually making Christmas cookies, fudge etc. We don't have many traditions for Christmas Eve. The main one is that my mom gives me and my sister our Christmas PJs so we can wear them to bed that night. We run and put them on and come back to the Christmas tree where my dad reads the Christmas story from the Bible. We say a prayer (when I was little we would pray that Santa wouldn't get lost and that he would stay warm). 

BUT this year we're doing something new! AND I LIKE IT! We (me, my mom, dad and Ryan) are all going over to my sister, Maegan's, house. My aunt, uncle and two cousins will be meeting us there. We are going to unwrap our "name presents" (read previous post for explanation) eat pot roast and Christmas goodies! We are also going to be watching Christmas movies and play games! I'm really excited and hopefully this will be the beginning of a new family tradition. It's not the same as when the whole family is together, but it will do. Usually when the whole family is together there is a lot more chaos. And in our family chaos = fun! Usually... 

Well that's my Southern Soapbox. I'm off to put on my Christmas jammies and head over to my sister's house! Merry Christmas Eve y'all! I hope you enjoy spending time with your family and friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment