Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve!


(I took this picture at 3am this morning, before going to sleep. I liked it... so here ya go! Oh and yes, that, under my chin, is a stuffed dog that Rebel chewed the nose off of :( bad dog.)

There are only 11 more hours left in 2011! I just got home from shooting shotguns with my dad :). We're going out with a BANG! I'm excited, tonight Ryan and I are going over to our friend, Brett's, house and "partying" (with five people lol) to bring in the New Year. Filets and Lobster are on the menu, just like every year. We will also get to make sparkler bombs and shoot off some fireworks of our own. What are sparkler bombs you ask? They are a bunch of sparklers wrapped in electrical tape and then... you light one fuse, throw it really far away and run so it doesn't explode in your face. I will try to take pictures of them, as I have not done a very good job at explaining lol. The "dangerous" part is when one doesn't go off, someone has to go check it... Chris, who recently (like 2 weeks ago) got out of the Marines, usually gets nominated for the job lol. There have been a few incidents where he is walking over to check the "dud" and it suddenly goes off. Thankfully, no one has been hurt before... knock on wood. I will try REALLY hard to take pictures as the night goes on, but I am HORRIBLE at remembering to take them! I get to doing something and totally forget, one of the many reasons why I am a horrible blogger lol.

On to New Years Resolutions. Last year my resolution was to start this blog, and I did (note: my resolution wasn't to be good at it lol). Well, this year my resolution is to look, feel and be healthy. Please notice that my goal is NOT to loose weight. I only weigh 117 pounds, so it would be rather dumb of me to say that I want to loose weight. I would much rather worry about my HEALTH than a silly number. So long as I am making healthy choices, everything else will fall in place. Or at least I hope it does lol. My sister and I are going to be joining a gym that is only $12 a month (really excited) and my goal is to work out at least twice a week, hopefully more than that. I want to start eating more fruits and veggies, instead of crap. I want to drink more water and less sweet tea (this one will be really hard, as I love my sweet tea). I want to eat more home cooked meals and less packaged crap. No that does not mean I want gourmet amazing food every day. That means I don't wan't it to come out of a box, with a few exceptions. I am not going to make my own pasta, so that will be packaged. All my meat will be packaged, as I am not nearly good enough with a shotgun to hunt my own, nor do I have the heart do so (yes I'm a wuss and that's ok with me). The occasional boxed meal isn't a big deal, but I don't want the majority of my food to be packaged. Hopefully that means I will have more recipes and such things to post on here!

This isn't really a resolution but I would like to get out and see the city of Dallas and the places around me. I have lived here for 17 years and yet, I haven't done hardly any of they touristy things. I drive down the same roads, eat at the same restaurants, shop at the same malls. I'm really very boring, and I don't want to be. So, this year I want to go DO stuff! I don't know what stuff exactly, but I'll figure it out.

Well that's my Southern Soapbox for the day! What are some of your resolutions? Happy New Year! Kiss someone you love at midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment