Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stir Fry Recipe!

I had a couple of people ask me about this recipe since I cooked it last week so I thought I would post it on here! I might start doing a recipe of the week every week. We shall see.

My Stir Fry


Ingredients

2 packages round eye steaks, bite size chunks
2 packages mixed vegetables (brocolli, carrots, snow peas)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 slices ginger, shredded
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
6 tablespoons soy sauce
9 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons sherry
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 onion, sliced
2 bell peppers, red and green, sliced
  **you can really use any veggies you want
  **for the beef, you can also use stew beef, just be careful not to over cook it. it gets yucky if you do
Directions
1. Mix together sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce and water. Put aside
2. Heat wok and add 1 tablespoon of oil, then salt, garlic and ginger
3. Stir quickly until golden grown
4. Add beef quickly and stir constantly until beef is brown on outside
5. Shut off heat and remove from wok, put aside
6. Heat wok again and add remainder of oil(2 tablespoons)
7. Add vegetables, onion and bell peppers and stir fry
8. When veggies are cooked, add beef, sherry and chicken broth
9. Add ingredients from step 1.
10. When gravy thickens shut off heat and serve

the prep time for this is about 20-30 minutes because you have to cut your veggies and meat but it cooks in about 15mins, depending on how much you make. this recipe feeds about 6 people. I make it for my family of 4 and use the rest as left overs :) if you have any questions let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment