Saturday, June 2, 2012

Consider my mind BLOWN


Due to the fact that I am here by myself and there is nothing on TV I stumbled onto this little article about Vitamin D. We, myself included, are so paranoid about skin cancer that we forget, or didn't know, how important it is to just be in the sun. The very thing that sunscreen companies tell us will lead us to our death is actually GOOD for us. In fact, it is more accurate to say that sunscreen is leading us to our deaths! Granted if you spend hours and hours in the sun, yes, you should wear sunscreen, but 15-30 minutes a few times a week can cure or prevent a multitude of problems!

The article is actually really interesting, not your usual boring article that goes on and on and on and on about how we're all going to die and the world is a horrible place(although we are, and it is.. sometimes). It lists 15 little known facts about sunlight and they are VERY interesting! For example, did you know that you can ONLY get proper amounts of vitamin D from the sun. Not supplements. AND vitamin D drastically reduces your chances of breast, prostate, and colon cancer.

Seriously, read the article. It's pretty much totally awesome and kind of blew my mind. Click here for the article.

Well, that's my sunny Southern Soapbox! Happy sun bathing! Oh, but I do recommend that you cover your face with a towel. Mine is now a little pink and my freckles are practically screaming "hello" to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment