Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wonky and Woot-tastic Wednesday

Happy Hump Day! I hope your weeks have been great so far!

Wonky:
   - Mom and I were going out to float around in the pool and tan. While we were out there I decided to use the little net and get all the crepe myrtle leaves and put the chlorine in the little skimmer basket things. When I opened the top of the skimmer on the ground I started to reach into the ground to pull out the basket but immediately stopped (thank God). I then realized why I had stopped. There was something fuzzy on the little white piece. You know, the piece that always goes "flap, flap" when the water moves. I told my mom, because I'm a wiener and there was no way on God's green earth that I was going to figure out what the fuzzy thing was. Mom looked and confirmed my fears. A mouse was stuck on the little flap flap thing. He was alive so we (mostly mom. I was watching from a safe distance, on a chair WAAAYYYY far away) got him out of the little skimmer and scooped him out of the pool and safely into the grass where he quickly scampered away. GO TEAM! Hopefully he tells all his little friends not to go near the pool.
   - It really does bother me when I hear parents saying that their toddler is ADHD. Seriously? Every toddler is ADHD, until they reach about age 15 (or older). Sorry, but that's just how kids are. They have this annoying thing called energy. They have short attention spans. Welcome to the world of children.
 
   - I found this Sunflower "bush" while I was out for a walk/run (mostly walk). What is wonky about that you ask? Well, nothing. Except I found it because I got lost while our for my walk/run. I am house sitting for some friends and decided to go get less fat. I knew the road I was on, and that I didn't want to be on it but I had to pull out my phone for Google Maps to find some back roads back to the house I was staying at. Unfortunately out here the roads don't all connect so I ended up having to walk on the side of Country Club Road, where people usually do about 60MPH on a one way road with no sidewalk or shoulder. It was kind of terrifying.
   - As you probably realized from my Father's Day Weekend post I have been watching Supernatural. Don't get me wrong, I love this show BUT it really bugs me how they seem to have unlimited ammo in their shotguns. I want a gun that you never have to reload.
   - Speaking of Supernatural, two things. One: I have had "Carry On My Wayward Son" stuck in my head for about two weeks thanks to that show. And number two: Ian Somerhalder may have been bumped down to #2 on my "Hollywood Crush list". He has been replaced by Jensen Ackles, who plays Dean in Supernatural.

Woot-tastic:
   - My weekend was pretty awesome. Go check out what I did!
   - Despite getting a little lost, my walk/run (wan for short?) was actually really nice. I like looking at the different houses and things while I'm out.
   - Supernatural really has some awesome music. They don't use anything that was made after 1983 (seriously, the writer said so).
 
   - I love this picture of AJ and Ryan. It's not very good quality but it's so sweet. AJ was getting sleepy so he crawled up in Uncle Ryan's lap and rested. Every now and then he would turn and look at Ryan with a huge grin on his face. Aw :).
   - The sign says it all. Where has this sign been all my life?!

Well that's my Southern Soapbox! I hope you all have a great week, I'm off to watch more Supernatural! I just have 2 seasons left until I'm caught up!

No comments:

Post a Comment