Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

I hope you all have had a great Father's Day weekend! It has been crazy over here!

Friday AJ came over around noon to spend the day/night while Maegan and my brother in law went on a "date day" for their anniversary! Man that kid is busy! He's a great little man and I love watching him but WOW it takes a lot of energy just to WATCH him run around the house. He's so well behaved but it was pretty much the first time he slept away from home so there was some protesting at bed time. Usually I just let him cry but for whatever reason I just couldn't do it that night. So Aunt Julie rescued from that prison we call a Pack-n-Play. We went down to the living room and I turned out all the lights and rocked him. He was laying his little head on my chest while I hummed "Amazing Grace" (because that's really the only song that I know all the words to and don't need music to sing). I wasn't sure if he had fallen asleep so I stopped humming to listen to his breathing. Almost immediately after I stopped humming he started barking at Rebel. That's when I decided he could go back to his little prison and he fell asleep almost immediately after I put him down. I realized some time while I was humming that instead of putting AJ to sleep, Ryan and Jixer had curled up on the couch and fallen asleep. At least my humming worked on someone.


Saturday was a crazy productive day! It was epic! I woke up at 7am because a certain little monkey decided to wake up early (he usually sleeps until about 9:30-10am) and made pancakes with Pop Pop. AJ did help when we (actually it was just me but I don't want to take all the blame and tarnish the reputation I have for being so smart around kids..) gave him a spatula to "help". The spatula quickly landed in the pan resulting in a slightly damaged pancake, which was given to AJ.
After AJ left I went to Academy with Mom and Dad to get Dad's father's day present. Can you guess what it was? If you guessed a gun, you're correct. Although, it wasn't a shotgun. It was a .22 revolver. It's pretty awesome. After we got back I went on a crazy cleaning spree! I vacuumed and dusted EVERYTHING. Then I organized the laundry room and the linen closet. I'm, sadly, extremely excited about the fact that both of our vacuums fit in our laundry room now (yes, we have two, one for hard wood and one for carpet. we're ghetto, you get used to it). 

Sunday I woke up and went to work, where I got to hold TWO adorable tiny little babies along with two other adorable kiddos. I must say, my job ROCKS! The kids are awesome and so are the parents! And my "bosses" are epic! I suppose they are my bosses but they really just seem like great friends. Anywho, after work I went home and had Father's Day lunch! The best part of Father's Day was going to the shooting range with Dad! Gotta love shootin' some shotguns! After we got home my head was hurting and I decided to take a nap. Which I now realize I should not have done. I was awake long enough to see the sun rise. I went to sleep at 6am and woke up around 9:30am. Roughly 3 hours of sleep, and I haven't taken a nap today. AND I'm still not tired at 10pm. What's wrong with me? Supernatural. That's what. I'm obsessed with Supernatural like I am with Vampire Diaries. Speaking of Vampire Diaries, I think Ian Somerhalder has moved to #2 on my "Hollywood crush" list. Jensen Ackles has jumped ahead of him, or is at the very least tied for 1st place.


Well, that's my Southern Soapbox! I have to go watch Supernatural now! I hope you all had a great Father's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment