Monday, October 8, 2012

A Birthday Times Two!

Wonky and Woot-tastic Wednesday will be back this week. Today there are more important things to talk about!

Twenty-one years ago I decided to make my appearance into the world a month ahead of schedule, which happened to be my mother's birthday too. I came a month early to come on my mom's birthday. It was a crazy ride right from the word "go". I had all kinds of medical issues and had to be taken to a different hospital. Thankfully everything fixed itself on its own and by the grace of God I was out of the hospital in about three days. Now I am twenty-one, in school to get my teaching degree, dating the love my life, I have an amazingly adorable nephew, and a family that I would trade for the world. I am truly blessed to have the life that I have and the people that are in it. You guys have made these twenty-one years worth it! Without y'all I wouldn't have laughed, loved, or had nearly as many memories as I do now. So, I thank y'all, my family, the love of my life, and my friends for providing me with these great years!

Most of all I want to thank my mom. It's her birthday too! I am honored to have shared my birthday with you, even if you were enjoying having your own day. Every day on our birthday we wake up and great each other with "Happy Birthday!", we blow candles out together (sometimes my candle manages to float in cereal.. my mom is talented that way), and celebrate another year together. My mom is truly the most amazing lady I have ever known. She has the biggest heart, and she seems to know EVERYTHING (when you start getting older you're able to admit that your parents are smarter than you are). I can call her with a cooking question, a construction question... the women knows everything. Obviously, without her I would not be here today, but more importantly she has made me, at least partially, who I am today. She's an amazing lady, wife, mom and grandma and she deserves, at the very least, to be celebrated.

We had a very busy week of celebrating! Wednesday, our actual birthday, Maegan, AJ, and Ryan took me to TGI Fridays for my first legal drinks! I had a Strawberry Rum Punch and an Amaretto Sour. They were both very yummy. Then on Thursday we went to supper at Carrabbas where I had a Bellini, also rather yummy. Friday was more fun than I expected it to be. I had to observe social dance for a paper I have to write, which I was expecting to be incredibly boring but thanks so my Sasterpants (Maegan) it was really fun! We went to Billy Bob's and made a girls night out of it. We ended up getting to see the bull riding for free and we also took a picture together on a "bull" AND as we were walking to the parking lot we saw a mechanical bull and.... we rode it. Yes, there was video taken. No, I am not posting it on here. Finally, Saturday was my birthday party. It was rather cold so we didn't get to do all the stuff I wanted to but I still enjoyed hanging out with everyone and playing Bingo.

Well, that's my Southern Soapbox! It was a great birthday week!

No comments:

Post a Comment