Monday, October 1, 2012

Haiti's Jewels

Hey y'all! Every now and then it is put on my heart to promote some sort of cause. It doesn't happen very often but when it does I want to do all that I can to help out!

I started out a few months ago promoting Project Bring Lila Home to help raise money for some dear friends of mine and their adoption! They have awesome t-shirts (I'm wearing mine right now) that are SUPPPPPERRRR comfy and cute!
Found at Haiti's Jewels
Found at Haiti's Jewels


















Anywho, now I am asking you to look at some AWESOME jewelry! Not only is it awesome jewelry but it's for a cause! Haiti is the poorest country in the world and this business helps provide jobs for Haitians AND it helps give them a skill. A marketable skill. A skill that they can pass down and teach to others. Get the drift? On their "about us" page they say that providing ONE person with a job creates about TEN [TEN] more jobs and you can be a part of that process. All of their jewelry is made from things they find laying around. I have a pair of earrings made from broken beer bottles! They also use shells, rocks, and other natural materials, because of that every single piece is one of a kind. My awesome cousin, Katy, knows the Americans that teach the Haitians to make the jewelry so I know this is a good cause!

Please support the poorest nation in the world and check out this store, it's really amazing what we could do for these people just by buying a cute pair of earrings (they also have necklaces and bracelets, ask me about them if you're interested as I don't see any pictures on the site).

That's my Southern Soapbox for today! BTW, if you're not sure what to get me for my birthday, and you want to get me something... buy something from this store AND bonus... you can keep it if you want, you don't have to give me the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment