Monday, January 21, 2013

Gluten Free?



So, my sister and I have decided we're going to try this whole gluten free thing. We've been told over and over that because of our inflammatory diseases (I have fibromyalgia and she has psoriatic arthritis) cutting out gluten would be very beneficial, so we're going to try it for a few months and see how big of a difference we notice.

A few things I'm already missing... oreos... and cookie butter (which I JUST discovered.. like 2 days ago.. so that's a bummer) and bread. Thankfully now-a-days there are SO MANY gluten free options, like gluten free pasta and bread, that it will simple take a trip to Whole Foods to pick up "specialty" items. There are also TONS of people that have been kind enough to make blogs that have research AND recipes! Gluten Free Girl so far is my favorite! And we can't forget Pinterest!

By no means do I anticipate this to be "easy", I'm already craving things I can't have (the MOMENT I decided to go gluten free I immediately wanted some bread smothered in butter....) but with all the resources out there and the substitutes I think I can make it. I hope. Tonight for dinner, Mom and Dad had red beans and rice, which I don't like anyways but it contains gluten so instead I made lemon pepper chicken with sauteed onions, bell pepper and green beans on the side. I even drizzled some fresh lemon juice over the veggies and chicken! It was YUMMY!

Well, that's my Southern Soapbox! I will be updating y'all and maybe even posting some of my own recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment