Monday, January 9, 2012

Day one at the gym!

Today was a busy, productive day! I woke up late, as usual (be jealous but don't judge!), but after I woke up I ran to the government building and picked up the registration tag for my dad's truck, then went to Target for some much needed work out clothes! Major bonus... they were on SALE! I have two pairs of yoga pants but they're either too short or too long. So either while I'm working out I look like a complete dork (or more so than usual) with pants that are caught somewhere between Capris and normal length pants.. or the other option is that I wear the ones that are too long, trip on them and fall flat on my face. I have enough coordination issues, we don't need to add pants to that equation.

*quick break* ALABAMA WON THE BCS CHAMPIONSHIP! For those of you who don't know, I was born in Alabama :)

Ok, back to my day! I went to Target to get some normal length pants. Sadly, they only had one pair in my size so I got those and 2 new sports bras and a long sleeve shirt. Everything was on SALE! Epic! I'm happy. Of course after I bought my new clothes I had to put them to good use! I met Maegan, my sister, at the gym we signed up for on Saturday. We were a little pathetic. We did the elliptical for 15 minutes. I went about 1.1 miles, which I thought was pretty good. Then we went and did some ab work, which we thought was REALLY easy (then again, maybe we weren't doing it right? who knows) and lifted some free weights to work on our arm fat. Then we decided it would be a good idea to ride a stationary bike. Ya, we were dumb. That thing was heck in a hankie! My heart rate got up to 180 bpm! It was exploding out of my chest. We only did the bike for 20 minutes but that 20 minutes was WOW! After we finished the bikes we went back and did our abs and arms again. By then, we were POOPED! Our total workout lasted about an hour and a half.

We will be hitting the gym again on Wednesday! Hopefully my body isn't falling apart tomorrow!

Speaking of tomorrow, guess what! I got a new nannying job! I will be watching a sweet little baby on Monday and Wednesday mornings! I want to get another nanny job or maybe just a part time job. If I can make enough money, Ryan and I can FINALLY get married!

Well, that's my Southern Soapbox for the day! Have a good night and ROLL TIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment