Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mississippi Came to town...

I must say, I love my family. I also must say, my family is INSANE, especially when we are all together. We're a little odd separately, but when we all get together.... well, let's just say Dallas will never be the same again :P.

AJ was so proud of himself for climbing, literally,
in the middle of our game of Rook.
One of the great things about my family is, when we get together we don't necessarily do anything special. As a matter of fact, we usually stay at home and play games. How can that be insane, you ask? One year we were all sitting around the table playing Apples To Apples. The adjective, or green card, was "playful" and my mom put down "my body" (if you haven't played Apples to Apples or don't know how you play, this probably isn't very funny, or in my case disturbing, to you). So now whenever we play Apples to Apples and someone doesn't know how to play, that is the example we use to explain. Great, huh? I think I need therapy. We also have a game called Rook that the whole family LOVES. We only play with 4 people. Supposedly you can do it with more but in order to do that we would have to read the directions and I don't think anyone has ever read the rules to the game, we have all been taught by someone in the family. I LOVE Rook! It's a card game that some what resembles Spades, or so I've been told. I've never actually played Spades. Simple things like hanging around the house and playing games all day are the highlight of my time spent with my family.


Thursday night me, my mom, my sister, AJ, Aunt Kathy and Mammaw all went to Tooties Pie Co. It's an adorable little pie place over in Frisco. It was FANTASTIC! AND they were having a sale. If you bought one pie, you got another one free! So I got a piece of Heavenly Chocolate and got Ryan a Cherry pie. They also have amazing sandwiches and paninis. I had a turkey and bacon panini. It was fantastic! They make this apple pie that uses 10 {Ten!!} apples! TEN! ANNNDDD it weighs SIX POUNDS! Holy crap! I think they should call Man VS Food to see if he can eat that pie!



To conclude Aunt Kathy and Mammaw's visit to Texas we went and saw One For The Money, but we didn't just go to any ol' theater. No! We went to Studio Movie Grill and ate lunch while we watched our movie! Whoever invented Studio Movie Grill is a genius by the way. The movie was AMAZING! If you haven't read the books, you should! There are eighteen total, starting with One For The Money by Janet Evonovich, get to readin'! They are hilarious. After we finished our movie and lunch we had to do something "different", and believe me, it was different. Right next to the theater is the neighborhood where Troy Aikman lives, and we decided to go look at the houses in that neighborhood since it wasn't gated (Hey, if they didn't want us to look, they would have stuck a gate there. So this is really their fault!). These houses are GIANT! What the heck do they put in those things? My entire family, aunts, uncles, cousins, great aunts etc. could all live in one of those "houses" and never see each other! It was amazing. Seriously, how many rooms can one person have?

Well we are off to play some more games, so that is my Southern Soapbox for the day! Have a good night and don't forget to read One For the Money by Janet Evonovich.

No comments:

Post a Comment