Tuesday, March 6, 2012

La Madeleine's Tomato Basil Soup!


I tried this recipe for the second time tonight! It was soooo yummy! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do.

Ingredients:
4 cups of crushed tomatoes (the 1lb can is about 4 cups)
12 fresh basil leaves (or you can use 4 tablespoons of the dried basil in the little bottle)
1 cup of heavy cream (That is what the original recipe calls for although I suggest that you start out using 1/4 cup and add a little more if you need to. When I used 1 cup it was WAY too much.)
1 stick (1/4 lb) of sweet unsalted butter
salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper

Directions:
1. Simmer tomatoes in saucepan for 30 minutes
2. Puree,  with basil, in small batches, in blender (honestly.. I'm not sure why you're supposed to blend it? but ya... you might be able to skip this step if you don't have a blender)
3. Return to saucepan and add cream, butter, salt and pepper while stirring over low heat
4. Eat up!!

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment