Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wonky and Woot-tastic Wednesday

Wonky:
   - As many of y'all know, mom had a bone graft done in her jaw. She originally went in for a tooth implant but they had to do a bone graft instead so she'll go back in about 3 months to have the implant done. Her recovery has been a bit slower than we originally thought. She has been running a fever and her jaw has been pretty sore. Hopefully she will start feeling better soon!
   - Tornado season is here! We had 12 confirmed tornadoes touch down in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Arlington and Lancaster have been declared a state of disaster. Thankfully they all missed The Colony and we were spared. Although, we did spend a considerable amount of time in the laundry room with the dogs and cat. In case you were wondering, the cat does NOT like being held captive in the laundry room.
   - After all the tornadoes passed there was crazy amounts of fog! I could barely see to drive home from Ryan's.
   - Ryan and I were waiting for a table at Buffalo Wild Wings when I saw a man standing in front of us. Well, actually I saw his butt before I saw him. He had, apparently, sat in spilled coffee and there was a big stain on his hind end. I considered telling him but there was nothing he could do about it, so I didn't. Is that horrible?
   - I shouldn't be telling y'all this but.. I've gained 3 pounds.
Woot:
   - It's only been "spring" for a month and I've already gotten one sunburn and started tanning! YAY!

   - New shoes! I got these and a pair of light brown sandals. I'm happy.
   - Mom and I have started learning how to play bridge with some ladies from Mom's church. It's a little complicated but it's similar to Rook so that helps a lot.
   - As a result of me gaining 3 pounds, Maegan and I went to the gym and I worked out REALLY hard. I knew I had done a good job because I was dripping sweat and thought I would go into cardiac arrest, which are obvious signs of a job well done. Right?

   Well, that's my Southern Soapbox. Sorry it's a bit short! Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment