Friday, May 11, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Recipe

I decided tonight that I would redo a recipe that I had gotten from my sister. I have tried it once before but it didn't go so well. This time... I think I've mastered it! Or... I got lucky. We'll hope that it's the former.

Ingredients:

1.However many chicken breasts you need. I used Tyson's frozen chicken breast.
2.Enough milk to coat the chicken. Probably about a cup or so. Sorry I didn't measure!
3.Grated cheese. The amount on that plate is NOT enough! I actually took these pictures after I had coated everything. Sorry, this whole thing was a last minute "oh hey I can post this on my blog" moment. Cover the entire bottom of the plate and the pile a little more on top. That was enough for me to do 2 chickens but I couldn't get more on the plate or it would over flow. (I use about one package of Kraft cheese for 4-5 chicken breasts.)
4. Ritz crackers. I usually use half of one of the longer sleeves of Ritz.
5. Pam or some sort of non-stick spray

Directions:
1. Thaw your chicken. Hopefully you started doing this about 30 minutes ago if you are doing it in the sink like I did.
2. Preheat your oven to 425*
3. Crush your Ritz crackers. It's ok to have a few little chunks but for the most part it should be pretty fine. Put your crushed crackers on a plate or wide bowl. The plate and bowl should be wide enough for you to be able to flip the chicken around and all that jazz.
4. Put your cheese on a plate.
5. Put your milk in a bowl. Again make sure your bowl is wide enough to accommodate your chicken.
6. Spray a glass pan that is large enough to fit all your chicken with your non-stick spray.
7. Get your chicken and smother it in milk. Make sure it's nice and wet. Then put it on the cheese. You'll have to kind of pretty the cheese into it. Coat is REALLY well. Then move it over to the crackers! Again, pretty those crackers into and coat it really well. Repeat until all your chicken is finished.

8. Put your chicken in the oven. I THINK I did the chicken for about 40 minutes. I like to set the timer for every 10 minutes to check it and make sure I don't over cook it. I also started the chicken out at 375* and decided to increase the temperature, mostly because I'm impatient. You'll know it's finished when the top starts to brown but make sure you cut it in half before you serve it to check for pink!
9. Eat and enjoy! Be aware that sometimes when you lift it out of the pan the crunchies slide off :( I don't know how to stop that from happening. If you know, PLEASE tell me!!!
Well that's my Southern Soapbox! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment