Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wonky and Woot-tastic Wednesday


Happy Wednesday everyone! So far, it's been an.... interesting... day. I hope y'all are having more fun than I am!
Wonky:
   - I just got back from the doctor and am waiting to go to my eye doctor. My eyes have been really red (I've had to explain to people that I don't smoke pot, there's just something wrong with my eyes) so I decided it was time to go to the doctor. I thought it was pink eye but it turns out that I probably have micro scratches on my corneas from my contacts. WOOT. I have to go to the eye doctor to confirm this though.
   - Most people make their beds when they wake up. I make my bed when I go to sleep. I pull the covers up and get everything straightened out then I pull the covers back and go to bed. Am I the only one that does this?
   - UGH. Car shopping. I HATE car shopping! It's the worst most horrible task EVER. I think I would rather birth quadruplets. Ok, maybe not, but it really does suck. We can't find anything we want that is in our price range and when we do find something and go see it, it totally sucks! We looked at this adorable (in the pictures) Miata. The paint was peeling all over the car, there were holes in the top and the top didn't come all the way down to meet the windows. Seriously? We drove two hours, spent less than 5 minutes looking at the car and left. Again, UGH.
   - While we're talking about car shopping.... have y'all seen some of the ads that people put on Craigslist? Really people?! My favorites are the "Beautiful car! It's so wonderful! It has all these things that are great (insert long list that makes absolutely no sense to me but is obviously supposed to make me go "wow cool!" here) and then they end with, bring your trailer and load her up!" Or when they say that they have all the parts but the vehicle still doesn't run. Well that's awesome! It has all of it's parts!.... but it doesn't run. Really?!?! Again, UGH!!!

Woot-tastic:
   - Seriously, my parents are pretty awesome. Just gotta say. I am really blessed to have such totally wickedly awesome parents.
   - Yesterday was Monkey Day! I spent the afternoon watching AJ while Andrew and Maegan (my brother in law and sister) went on a little date. We spent the majority of the time running around outside. He also likes being thrown on the couch, then he'll lay really still until I say "I'm gunna gitcha" and he tries really really really hard, and unsuccessfully, not to squirm. AND THEN I ATTACK! I tickle him until he starts rolling towards me. Then I pick him up and do it all over again.
   - You can do the same thing over and over and over with a toddler and they have the same level of excitement as they did the first time you did it.
   - After Maegan and Andrew got home I hung out with them. Andrew dropped me and Maegan off at Target so we could look at swim suits and he and AJ had some "boy time" at Home Depot. Maegan and I found me a swim suit to tan in but I still need one to actually swim in (the tanning one is like a tube top, not a good idea to swim in that. Especially if you're going out on a boat to go tubing.)

Well, that's my Southern Soapbox for today! I'm trying to get back into the swing of things after my Mississippi trip and staying at Ryans so hopefully things will get back to normal. Have a good week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment