Saturday, May 12, 2012

An Ode To My Mom


Mom,

Thank you for everything you have done and still do for me. Thank you for enduring morning sickness and backaches, and for going through 12 hours of labor to bring me into the world. Thank you for loving me through late nights, tantrums, car pool lines (a particular favorite past time of yours) and silly crushes. Thank you for making it through the years that I thought you weren't cool and chose silly boys over you. Thank you for loving me through the years where you may have preferred to give me back.

You have taught me so many things! You've taught me that being a girl doesn't mean wearing dresses all the time and taking ballet (although if that's what I wanted to do you would have been fine with that too!) You taught me how to throw a softball and dribble a basketball. You taught me how to drive a standard (although at the time, it was terrifying!). You taught me how to throw a punch. You would not have a daughter that hit like a girl. But you also taught me how to be kind and loving. You taught me (and I'm still working on it) how to be patient with others and see the best in people. You've taught me what unconditional love is.

You have always been there for me. When I needed someone to kiss my owie and wipe my tears away. You were there to tell me that boys are stupid and he doesn't know what he's missing. You've been there to help me convince Dad why I should get this animal or that. You've been there as my late night buddy. I can always count on you to be awake in the wee hours of the night. I love that while one of us is watching a show (because we pretty much watch the exact same things.. just not always together) the other will come running in the room and say "Oh my gosh have you watched insert TV show here? It's CRAZY!" You are there to get us lost make "adventures" out of a simple driving trip. Thank you for always being there.

Most of all, thank you for being an amazing women and mother. I couldn't ask for anyone better. I love you. Happy Mother's Day!

Love,
Your Poohzer

Well that's my Southern Soapbox! Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment